BUSINESS SUPPORT AND JOBS
The NSW State Government announced the following stimulus packages on 17th March 2020:
- $450 million for the waiver of payroll tax for businesses with payrolls of up to $10 million for three months (the rest of 2019-20).
- $56 million to bring forward the next round of payroll tax cuts by raising the threshold limit to $1 million in 2020-21
- $80 million to waive a range of fees and charges for small businesses including bars, cafes, restaurants and tradies
- $250 million to employ additional cleaners of public infrastructure such as transport assets, schools and other public buildings
- more than $250 million to bring forward maintenance on public assets including social housing and crown land fencing
- $500 million to bring forward capital works and maintenance.
For further information, contact your Client Manager at FinCare